Pharmaceutical Chemistry Group
2021 SGR 00533
The GQF group research focuses on two main areas:
1) The Pharmaceutical Chemistry Unit (new drugs): pharmaceutical and cosmetics formulation, applied biology and API production within the areas of Biomedicine and Health Sciences.
2) The Continuous Chemical Processes Unit: application of new advanced manufacturing technologies in fine chemistry, to transform and optimise production systems from batch to continuous, making them more efficient, more stable, safer, faster and cleaner.
This range of services is offered through the use of the unit’s continuous reaction equipment: the Syrris ASIA reactor for small trials, and the TITAN for scale-up and production of small batches, in the order of a kilo of product. The Process Analytical Technologies (PAT) allow the continuous monitoring of the processes and guarantee the quality of their results.
In this environment, GQF carries out its R&D and technology transfer activities in the following areas:
- Tyrosine kinase inhibitors with application for cancer (lung, breast and pancreatic)
- Compounds with activity against chemokine-like receptors (CXCR4 inhibitors)
- Compounds with activity against myotonic dystrophy
- Screening and selection of chemical reactions, with the help of microwave reactors
- Laboratory tests for the development of new processes or for the improvement of existing ones
- Process optimisation by design of experiments (DoE)
- Scale-up of new or existing processes
- Small batch production
Beatriz Artalejo Ortega, PhD
Maia Lloveras Monserrat, PhD
Santiago Ramon y Cajal, PhD
Hospital Vall d'Hebron
Gaël Roué, PhD
Institut de Recerca contra la Leucèmia Josep Carreras