Thermal Analysis Laboratory
Laboratory in the field of chemical engineering focused on the thermal characterisation of chemical substances or mixtures. It covers activities related to the thermal safety of chemical processes, industrial safety, simulation and optimisation of chemical processes and the performance of thermal analysis and calorimetry.
Study of phenomena that generate or absorb heat or cause a loss of mass in a sample. Study of other physico-chemical properties.
- Study of the thermal stability of chemicals and nanomaterials
- Determination of the melting point, purity analysis, thermal stability, specific heat, presence of polymorphs, glass transition, crystallinity, heat of reaction, humidity, water of crystallisation, polymer loadings, etc.
- Industrial safety: preparation of methodologies for hazard identification and risk assessment in industrial processes
- Thermal analysis and calorimetry
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC): from -80ºC to 600ºC.
- Thermogravimetry (TGA): from 30ºC to 1200ºC
- Brookfield rotational viscosity
- Capillary viscosity
Thermogravimetry / Termobalance (TGA) (Mettler Toledo)
Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) (Mettler Toledo)
Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) (Netzsch)