It focuses its research activity on photochemistry and the interrelationships of light with molecules, materials and biological systems. It carries out RDI activities and knowledge and technology transfer in solar photoprotection, cancer photochemotherapy, photoantimicrobial therapies and fluorescence imaging.
It develops advanced chemical technologies for photoprotection, diagnosis and treatment of diseases with light-activated drugs.
- Development and characterisation of photoactive materials and molecules
- Development of photoactivatable drugs
- Development of solar photoprotectors
- Study of drug photodegradation
- Laser instrumentation for kinetic studies: luminescence lifetimes, FRET assays, flash photolysis, etc.
- Singlet oxygen detection system: characterisation of antioxidants, photoinactivation of viruses and bacteria, photodegradation of dyes
- System for characterisation of luminescent materials in the near infrared (NIR)
- Photoacoustic material characterisation system
- Cryogenic detectors for low temperature optical measurements
Solar simulator; Atlas; Suntest XLS+
Photoreactor; Luzchem Research Inc.; LZC-ICH2
Lifetime UV-VIS-NIR Fluorimeter; PicoQuant; Fluotime 200
Spectrophotometer UV-VIS-NIR; Agilent Technologies; Cary 6000i
Spectrofluorimeters; Perkin Elmer LS-45; Horiba Jobin Yvon Fluoromax-4
Laser kinetic spectrophotometer with optical and photoacoustic detection
Singlet Oxygen Detection System (NIR phosphorescence)