- Metallic and ceramic coatings (CVD, PVD, Sol-gel, etc.)
- Tribological coatings, wear and corrosion resistant , and modification of electrical, optical and magnetic properties.
- Biomaterials. Bioceramic coatings for prostheses and implants.
- Functional nanostructured plastic surfaces by plastic injection moulding
- Fabrication and encapsulation of micro- and nanoparticles.
- Synthesis of graphene and graphene derivatives
GRAFLAVOR (Grafeno para filtrar aguas industriales con residuos aromáticos)
Desarrollo de materiales adsorbentes de alta eficiencia específicos para limpiar estas aguas residuales con aromas.
Research Group Link:
Materials Engineering (GEMAT)
Chemical & Synthetic Biology for Biotherapies (ChemSynBio)
Nanostructured Surfaces by Plastic Injection
Dr Tomás Baldi has recently defended his doctoral thesis at IQS, entitled Manufacturing of nanostructured surfaces by plastic injection molding, in which he managed to obtain nanostructured surfaces through a new plastic injection process.READ FULL NEW
Graflavor: a New Olfactory Pollutant Capturing System
IQS and the company Hausmann have collaborated in the development of an innovative system for the elimination of olfactory contamination in the process of water used in the manufacture of flavourings, based on its capture using graphene oxide.READ FULL NEW
Plastic Surfaces with Advanced Functionalities
Within the Industries of the Future community, IQS has participated in the PLASTFUN project where advanced surface functionalities and their large-scale production have been defined, and now has a validated simulation tool for optimising parameters under industrial conditions.READ FULL NEW