Industrial Products Engineering Group
The GEPI group (Industrial Products Engineering Group) conducts its activity in three main areas: Additive Manufacturing (AM), Reverse Engineering: digitization of objects with scanners and mechanical characterization of materials.
It has been recognized by AGAUR as an Emerging Research Group since 2014 (2014 SGR 318). It is currently part of IQS Tech Transfer, a TECNIO accredited agent in the technology developer category.
GEPI’s activity focuses on industrial product design and calculation, industrial product lifecycle management, and additive manufacturing.
Research and Technology Transfer
GEPI’s activity includes specialized training, basic and applied research, and technology transfer aimed at the business sector. The research is clearly oriented towards the industrial application of the results obtained. In this way, the group aims to respond to the technological needs of companies so that they can improve their competitiveness through the application of the developments.
In this environment GEPI carries out its RD and technology transfer activities in the following areas:
- Reverse engineering: digitization of objects with scanners
- Modelling, Rapid Prototyping, Rapid Tooling
- Virtual and physical modelling
- Mechanical characterization of materials
- Numerical structural simulations
- PLM and LCA engineering
- Computation and simulation of fluids in biological organs
- Additive manufacturing (AM) and design for additive manufacturing