Dr Marçal Gallemí, researcher with the Biological and Biotechnological Chemistry Group
1. What do you like most about your job?
I always enjoy learning new things and how we often learn them as a result of teamwork or collaboration.
2. What would you like to spend more time doing?
Everything that I do! There’s never enough time. To be more concrete, maybe doing sports.
3. What do you feel proudest of?
Everything and nothing in particular. Maybe it sounds typical, but I would say I’m proudest of my family. Being a father of two girls is one of the things that makes me happiest.
4. What value do you appreciate most in people?
A sense of humour and optimism. People who keep a smile all day long are admirable.
5. Where’s a place you’d like to visit?
Any place where there aren’t too many people or too much traffic, possibly in the mountains. A nice forest or a cool stream always refresh the body and mind.
6. What’s a dream you’d like to pursue?
Hmm, this one’s tough! Being able to see the Capgrossos of Mataró perform a 10-level human castle – and even better if I can participate!
7. What do you have left to learn?
Obviously, everything I don’t know… which is plenty! In terms of work, it couldn’t hurt me to learn a little more about statistics and R programming.