Dr Helena Pla, Business Development Manager at IQS Tech Transfer
1. What do you like most about your job?
I like seeing that there’s always a point in common in the vast array of projects that come week after week: they all aim to solve a need. It’s very enriching to work when you combine research and business. I love finding the connection to make these two worlds complement each other.
2. What would you like to spend more time doing?
Working more with my hands and letting my creative and artistic side take flight, such as sewing, glass work, and jewellery.
3. What do you feel proudest of?
It’s tough for me to say, but perhaps what I’m proudest of (without forgetting that I’m seeing my children growing up happy) is finally getting over my 20+ year phobia of dogs. Now I even have a furry little one at home!
4. What value do you appreciate most in people?
Without a doubt, empathy.
5. Where’s a place you’d like to visit?
Any place in the Balearic Islands.
6. What’s a dream you’d like to pursue?
Seeing the Aurora Borealis.
7. What do you have left to learn?
Among many other things, I want to learn to play the piano well. At the moment, I’ve got the kid’s music down pat, but I’d like to leave lullabies behind and start playing “serous” pieces. It’s never too late!