The Biotehrapies Laboratory is specialized in the development of peptides and proteins, especially antibodies, with biomedical applications.
This laboratory conducts R+D+i and technology transfer activities by combining chemistry and synthetic biology to contribute to the generation of new biotherapies.
- Development of peptides and proteins for biomedical applications.
- Antibody engineering and chemistry to generate bispecifics, antibody-drug conjugates, and conditionally-active biologics.
- Identification of new functional peptides and proteins combining library selections and directed evolution and rational design.
- Study and engineering of transport systems to cross the blood-brain barrier.
- Development of bio- and nano- therapeutics, especially for cancer treatment.
Automated microwave-assisted peptide synthesizer Liberty Blue™ 2.0.
Preparative HPLC Agilent Infinity II 1260 for peptide purification
FPLC BioRad NGC Quest 10 for protein purification
ChemiDoc MP imaging system with UV, visible, fluorescence and chemiluminescence detection
Agilent 6230 UHPLC-UV-MS time-of-flight (TOF) liquid chromatograph for the characterization of intact proteins and other biomolecules
Octet® R2 biolayer interferometry (BLI) system for measuring biomolecule interactions
Other equipment for peptide and protein development: microvolume spectrophotometer, thermocycler, thermostated incubators, laminar flow hood, chemical hoods, thermostated centrifuges and an adjoining cell culture room